Tuesday, July 10, 2012

eSalon At Home Hair Coloring



 So I recently came across a new company called eSalon. Their company says things like "Finally, achieve salon quality hair color results yourself!", "Hair color made just for you...from our lab to your home.", and "A complete salon experience at home.". These are pretty bold claims in my book. I live for my trips to the salon. I love the pampering, and the feeling of fresh new hair. The salon is amazing if you have one you love and a great stylist at the helm. I am fortunate enough to have a wonderful stylist who I've been using for years now. There is one thing I don't enjoy about the salon though...the price you have to pay for all those amazing feelings. I mean I get why it costs so much. Stylists need to live too, and you are paying for their skill and expertise. I mean don't let me near anyone with a pair of shears. But still knowing all that, times are tough all around so if I can find a way to save money and still get awesome looking hair, sign me up!
  So I decided to give this eSalon a whirl. They typically have promotions running for new clients. Click any of my eSalon links to get 50% off your first order. After that your shipment would cost $19.95 for the basic route or $24.95 to get the color enhancing gloss method. I opted for the color enhancing route since I dye my hair red which is one of the most difficult colors to keep on your hair. It can often end up fading and looking not so nice if you are not careful. So even at $24.95 that beats the $70+ I have to pay at the salon not including tip or what it costs to cut. So far we are winning. 
  First thing they have you do is answer some questions about you and your hair. Like what you usually do to it, what's it's natural color/texture, have you done anything chemically to it recently, what are you trying to achieve, your ethnicity, etc. Then you upload some photos of yourself so the stylists at eSalon can see what they are working with. I liked this part because I feel like it would give them a sense of who I am/what I look like and that would help them formulate the best medley of ingredients for me. Very smart.
My kit I received.

  The box arrived with just about everything you need to properly color your hair. All the formulations with your name printed along with the date, personalized instructions with your name on them and everything, 2 pairs of gloves, brush, dye removal cloth, conditioner, and the stuff to put around your hair line so the dye doesn't stain your skin. See everything....well...almost. You don't get any hair clips. They give you the option to buy them separately with a color bowl and some other stuff I don't really think you need but the clips would have been nice. I think they should give you the clips free the first time and then it's up to you to clean them and save them for next time or else you have to purchase them again. It's not really a big deal though. 
 Okay so I followed my personal directions I was given and went to work. I guess that would be another drawback to eSalon, you actually have to do it yourself lol. No pampering here lol. But what you put in work wise you make up for in money remember. It really wasn't hard to do. The instructions made things clear. You just have to take your time. I ended up getting all the way through it without staining or ruining anything. No real mess at all other than the small area I had designated for setting the bottles down between strips of hair. So far so good. Here are a few photos I took during the process...
Before: You can see my roots were coming back in brown - BOO!

The length before. Kinda dull and washed out. Sorry for the rats nest of curls lol.


After I applied to the roots.
Now roots and length have had their separate mixtures applied. Time to wait. Tick tick tick....

So it seems simple enough right? But no one cares about most of this, we just wanna see the final product. Did it work? Did it do all that it said they would? Is this truly a replacement for salon dyed hair? Well.....
After Roots - Lighter, not brown, and shiny!
After Length - Vibrant, bright, and shiny!

 I dare say that IT IS!!!! I was shocked! It worked and I feel like it's closer to what I wanted then what I had been getting at the salon. The conditioner they provided was great, it made my hair feel like silk. I naturally have curlier hair so when I can get silky straightness I am overjoyed. They keep track of your exact formulation too so it will always come out the same. Sometimes at the salon that doesn't happen, it varies depending on how they choose to mix it up that time. I feel like I am cheating on my stylist but I like feeling naughty sometimes lol. I will still need to go in for cuts and and treatments of course, but now I can color my own hair for so much less! I just knocked close to a hundred bucks off the bill(with tip)! It's better than the box color too because this is salon quality stuff made just for me, not for the "every woman". I want to point out by the way that I AM NOT A PAID SPOKESPERSON, ENDORSED, OR COMPENSATED BY THIS COMPANY IN ANY WAY NOR AM I AN EMPLOYEE OR PROFESSIONAL STYLIST . I am just a regular person with no hair industry experience aside from doing my own hair. I loved this product so much that I thought I'd shout it to the world. Anyway I recommend giving this a shot if you like to have your hair dyed. They have a wide range of colors. I was worried too since I tend to like an edgier sort of red but this was spot on for me. I hope it works out for you too :) Here is a link!

eSalon Website

*UPDATE: The awesome folks at eSalon have given a great new promotion. 50% off your first order! Just click the link above, and you will automatically receive the discount! 

 


5 comments:

  1. I love it, too. Absolutely. I still get highlights done at the salon, but in between root touch up is a breeze and the color is ab-fab. Your red is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Beth! Glad it's working well for you too. That's a great idea about the highlights!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How does it do with covering grays. I use Loreal and I love the color but getting close to 50 my grays come back so quickly. Your hair looks great. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it works pretty well on grays actually. Just as good if not better than anything else I've tried. I have a lot now too so I like that this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your color. I have darker brown hair like you did you go with their auburn? I'm considering using them and that is the color i'm thinking of going with. I already did red once before with my salon and I loved it but didn't love the cost.

    ReplyDelete