Tuesday, July 10, 2012

“The Many Uses of Ivory”

So as part of the recent Mom VoxBox that I just got from Influenster I was given a bar of... Ivory Soap! Exciting isn't it? Well actually it turned out to be. I received everything in the Mom VoxBox for free by the way in exchange for my thoughts and feedback. Okay so back to the soap, everyone knows what it's used for, getting rid of your body funk in the bath/shower. There were some other uses though that I was surprised to come across during this review period. Here are a few:
  • Facial Cleanser
  • Makeup Brush Cleaner
  • Laundry Flakes
  • Clothing Stain Remover
  • Craft Object
  • Soap Carving 
  • and many others
We (my daughter and I) actually went the crafting route with it since no one in the house typically uses bar soap for it's obvious purposes. I came across this crazy idea on the internet to throw the bar of soap in the microwave! It just sounded like a bad idea but so many people swore by it and even the Ivory folks said to give it a shot. Something in the Ivory Bar and only the Ivory Bar has a reaction when it's in the microwave which makes it start to grow. Forming what can only be described as a "soap cloud". I think it looks like meringue though too. 
    It was a little bigger than this but it fluffed down a little after cooling. I think it could have gotten bigger too if it hadn't gotten stuck in the corner of the microwave and I hadn't chickened out. I mean my husband was standing right there and the last thing I wanted him to have was the "remember the time you set the microwave on fire with soap" story to hold over my head for the next gazillion years lol. After it gets to this stage you can turn it into all kinds of stuff. I wish I would have had cookie cutters and food coloring on hand to make them into small personalized soaps for my 3 year old to give away as thank you gifts etc, but I will make sure to do it around Christmas time. We rolled ours up into a soap snow ball afterwards and I plan to use it to clean my makeup brushed now. For more ideas though you can check out the Ivory Soap website!

Ivory Soap Website 

Influenster 


No comments:

Post a Comment